Taking bits of this and bits of that, I finished two projects. The first, lazy summer garden, I went for an impressionistic view of a garden. Made with merino wool, hand dyed silk, handspun, sari silk, and hand dyed cheesecloth, it looks cheerful. I made two loops to pull it together with buttons if someone wanted a vest.
The other, Oceans, truly was an experiment with a large strip of mesh placed horizontally. The roving laid on it in strips and then mixes in tons of purple Romney Locks to deepen the color. The mix is a bit different but works well. The mesh I bought from New England Felting Supply works wonderfully as to form a connective tissue. It all pulls together.
Lazy summer garden above.
Oceans below. Note mesh and strips of roving below.
Some experimentation and lots of color make for a beautiful midsummer morning!